Fishing Areas in Surry County

Big Elkin Creek CFP, Elkin


Elkin Recreation and Parks, Phone: (336) 835-9814

How To Go:
From I-77, take the Jonesville exit (N.C. 67); go west to ward Elkin. Go 1.9 mile, to N.C. 21 across the Yadkin River; turn left just past the bridge on N.C. 268 (Market Street). Go 0.4 mile; turn right on Memorial Park Drive. The creek is on the right.

About the Big Elkin Creek:
Approximately one mile of stream bank along one or both sides of the creek is universally accessible for bank fishing. A universally accessible fishing pier has been constructed at a downstream location near the park boundary and close to the playground and Elkin High School. Parking is available at several locations throughout the park, along Memorial Park Drive and next to the pier. Restroom facilities are located at the main recreation area. Two fish feeders are located in front of the Elkin Town Garage on Memorial Park Drive and immediately below the foot bridge at the lower walking track boundary. Channel catfish are stocked monthly and fed daily from April through September. Fishing equipment is available for loan for free at the park office.

Primary Fish Species: Channel catfish, largemouth bass, redbreast sunfish, bullheads and suckers.

More Attractions like - Fishing Areas in Surry County

  • Fishing Areas in Lee County
    San Lee Park Ponds CFP, Sanford Division of Lee County Parks and Recreation, Phone: (919) 776-6221 How To Go: From Sanford, take U.S. 421/N.C. 87 south; turn left on S.R. 1514 (Bragg Street). Go 0.3
  • Fishing Areas in Mecklenburg County
    Freedom Park CFP, Charlotte Mecklenburg County Parks and Recreation Department, Phone: (704) 432-4280 How To Go: In Charlotte, go west on Independence Boulevard. Go to the intersection with Kings
  • Fishing Areas in Buncombe County
    French Broad River Park Public Fishing Area (PFA), Asheville River Link, Phone: (828) 252-8474 Asheville Parks & Recreation Department, Phone: (828) 259-5800 How To Go: From Asheville, take I-40
  • Fishing Areas in Wilson County
    Wilson Parks and Recreation Department Phone: (252) 399-2273, (252) 399-2266 How To Go: From the junction of U.S. 264 and N.C. 42 in Wilson, take N.C. 42 (Ward Boulevard) east. Go three miles; turn
  • Fishing Areas in Rowan County
    Salisbury Community Lake CFP, Salisbury Salisbury Parks and Recreation Department, Phone: (704) 638-2115 How To Go: From Salisbury, take U.S. 70 west (Statesville Boulevard). Go approximately seven
  • Fishing Areas in Alamance County
    Cedarock Park CFP, Burlington Cedarock Park, Phone: (336) 570-6759, (336) 570-6760 How To Go: From Burlington, go south on N.C. 49 for 5.9 miles; turn left on Friendship-Patterson Mill Road (S.R.
  • Fishing Areas in Forsyth County
    C.G. Hill Memorial Park CFP, Pfafftown Forsyth County Parks and Recreation, Phone: (336) 703-2500 How To Go: From Winston-Salem, take N.C. 67 (Reynolda Road) west approximately five miles northwest