Fishing Areas in Randolph County

Lake Lucas TLP, Asheboro


Asheboro Parks and Recreation Department, Phone: (336) 629-1639 (marina), (336) 626-1240

How To Go:
From U.S. 220 Bypass in Asheboro, take the N.C. 42 exit; go west on Lexington Rd. (SR 1004) (The name of this road has become Old Lexington Road and N.C. 42 goes to the east only from U.S. 220.) Go 3.7 miles; the marina and office are on the right.

About the Lake Lucas TLP:
This 238-acre lake has a launch ramp and a 15 horsepower restriction. It is closed on Wednesdays from March 15 to Nov. 15. From Nov. 16 to March 14, it is closed on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Boat rentals, picnic areas, a launching ramp, fishing pier, playground, picnic shelters and bait shop are available.

Primary Fish Species: Largemouth bass, bluegill, pumpkinseed, redear sunfish, crappie and catfish.

More Attractions like - Fishing Areas in Randolph County

  • Fishing Areas in Orange County
    Anderson Community Park Pond CFP, Carrboro Carrboro Parks and Recreation, Phone: (919) 918-7371 How To Go: From Carrboro, take N.C. 54 west to the city limit. Go approximately 0.25 mile, just past
  • Fishing Areas in Rowan County
    Salisbury Community Lake CFP, Salisbury Salisbury Parks and Recreation Department, Phone: (704) 638-2115 How To Go: From Salisbury, take U.S. 70 west (Statesville Boulevard). Go approximately seven
  • Fishing Areas in Guilford County
    Bur-Mil Park Ponds CFP, Greensboro Greensboro Parks and Recreation Department, Phone: (336) 373-3800 How To Go: From Greensboro, take U.S. 220 north; turn right (east) on Owl’s Roost Road (S.R. 2337
  • Fishing Areas in Alamance County
    Cedarock Park CFP, Burlington Cedarock Park, Phone: (336) 570-6759, (336) 570-6760 How To Go: From Burlington, go south on N.C. 49 for 5.9 miles; turn left on Friendship-Patterson Mill Road (S.R.
  • Fishing Areas in Wake County
    Apex Community Park Lake CFP Apex Parks, Recreation and Cultural Resources Phone: (919) 249-3344, (919) 249-3402 How To Go: From the intersection of U.S. 1 and U.S. 64 east of Apex, take U.S. 64
  • Fishing Areas in Granville County
    Lake Devin CFP, Oxford Oxford Parks and Recreation, Phone: (919) 603-1135 How To Go: Take I-85 and exit 202 (U.S. 15) toward Oxford. At first traffic light, turn left on Industry Drive; go
  • Fishing Areas in Buncombe County
    French Broad River Park Public Fishing Area (PFA), Asheville River Link, Phone: (828) 252-8474 Asheville Parks & Recreation Department, Phone: (828) 259-5800 How To Go: From Asheville, take I-40