Fishing Areas in Granville County

Lake Devin CFP, Oxford


Oxford Parks and Recreation, Phone: (919) 603-1135

How To Go:
Take I-85 and exit 202 (U.S. 15) toward Oxford. At first traffic light, turn left on Industry Drive; go approximately 0.3 mile. At the next traffic light, turn left on Providence Road. Go approximately 0.25 mile; turn right on Lake Devin Road (S.R. 1164). Go approximately.5 mile; turn right into the parking lot and boat ramp area (just before the lake dam).

About the Lake Devin CFP:
Bank areas have been cleared from this 196-acre lake, and a universally accessible fishing pier has been constructed. Private boats can be used on the lake, but gasoline-powered motors are not allowed. From April to September, channel catfish are stocked monthly and fed daily. Fishing tackle is available for loan for free. The Granvillelake is open to fishing from May 1 through Nov. 30, from sunrise to sunset. Fishing permits are sold at City Hall in Oxford.

Primary Fish Species: Largemouth bass, sunfish, crappie and channel catfish.

More Attractions like - Fishing Areas in Granville County

  • Fishing Areas in Edgecombe County
    Etheridge Pond, Robert E. Barnhill Sr. Public Fishing Area (PFA), Princeville/Tarboro How To Go: From U.S. 64 near Tarboro, take exit 487; go south on N.C. 33. Go 0.2 mile; turn right on Dowens
  • Fishing Areas in Richmond County
    Ellerbe Lions’ Club Community Park Lake CFP, Ellerbe How To Go: From U.S. 220 in Ellerbe, turn east on Church Street (S.R.1452 becomes Millstone Road). Go approximately one mile; park is on the
  • Fishing Areas in Rowan County
    Salisbury Community Lake CFP, Salisbury Salisbury Parks and Recreation Department, Phone: (704) 638-2115 How To Go: From Salisbury, take U.S. 70 west (Statesville Boulevard). Go approximately seven
  • Fishing Areas in Wilson County
    Wilson Parks and Recreation Department Phone: (252) 399-2273, (252) 399-2266 How To Go: From the junction of U.S. 264 and N.C. 42 in Wilson, take N.C. 42 (Ward Boulevard) east. Go three miles; turn
  • Fishing Areas in Cabarrus County
    Frank Liske Park CFP, Concord Cabarrus County Parks and Recreation Department, Phone: (704) 920-2700 How To Go: From the intersection of U.S. 601 and N.C. 49 near Concord, take N.C. 49 south toward
  • Fishing Areas in Orange County
    Anderson Community Park Pond CFP, Carrboro Carrboro Parks and Recreation, Phone: (919) 918-7371 How To Go: From Carrboro, take N.C. 54 west to the city limit. Go approximately 0.25 mile, just past
  • Fishing Areas in Alamance County
    Cedarock Park CFP, Burlington Cedarock Park, Phone: (336) 570-6759, (336) 570-6760 How To Go: From Burlington, go south on N.C. 49 for 5.9 miles; turn left on Friendship-Patterson Mill Road (S.R.