Fishing Areas in Gaston County

Crowders Lake, Crowders Mountain State Park Public Fishing Area (PFA), Kings Mountain


Crowders Mountain State Park, Phone: (704) 853-5375

How To Go:
From Gastonia, take I-85 south to exit 13. From exit 13, go south approximately one mile, following the brown signs to the park. Turn right on S.R. 2974; go 1.9 mile. Turn left on Sparrow Springs Road; go approximately three miles to the park entrance; follow the signs to the parking area.

About the Crowders Mountain State Park:
Brush has been cleared from the shoreline. Restrooms and areas for picnicking and hiking are available.

Primary Fish Species: Largemouth bass, sunfish and catfish

More Attractions like - Fishing Areas in Gaston County

  • Fishing Areas in Burke County
    Broughton Pond Public Fishing Area (PFA), Morganton How To Go: From I-40 take U.S. 64 south for 0.8 mile; turn left on S.R. 1949 (Salem Road). Go one mile; turn left on S.R. 1956 (Burkemont Road).
  • Fishing Areas in Buncombe County
    French Broad River Park Public Fishing Area (PFA), Asheville River Link, Phone: (828) 252-8474 Asheville Parks & Recreation Department, Phone: (828) 259-5800 How To Go: From Asheville, take I-40
  • Fishing Areas in Rowan County
    Salisbury Community Lake CFP, Salisbury Salisbury Parks and Recreation Department, Phone: (704) 638-2115 How To Go: From Salisbury, take U.S. 70 west (Statesville Boulevard). Go approximately seven
  • Fishing Areas in Forsyth County
    C.G. Hill Memorial Park CFP, Pfafftown Forsyth County Parks and Recreation, Phone: (336) 703-2500 How To Go: From Winston-Salem, take N.C. 67 (Reynolda Road) west approximately five miles northwest
  • Fishing Areas in Mecklenburg County
    Freedom Park CFP, Charlotte Mecklenburg County Parks and Recreation Department, Phone: (704) 432-4280 How To Go: In Charlotte, go west on Independence Boulevard. Go to the intersection with Kings
  • Fishing Areas in Alamance County
    Cedarock Park CFP, Burlington Cedarock Park, Phone: (336) 570-6759, (336) 570-6760 How To Go: From Burlington, go south on N.C. 49 for 5.9 miles; turn left on Friendship-Patterson Mill Road (S.R.
  • Fishing Areas in Union County
    Cane Creek Park TLP, Monroe Union County Parks and Recreation Department, Phone: (704) 843-3919 How To Go: From Monroe, take N.C. 200 south toward Waxhaw. Go about 10 miles to Waxhaw, pass the first