Fishing Areas in Anson County

Blewett Falls Reservoir Public Fishing Area (PFA), Rockingham


How To Go:
From the intersection of U.S. 220 and U.S. 74 in Rocking-ham, take U.S. 74 west 6.3 miles; turn right on S.R. 1748 (Power Plant Road). Go 2.5 miles; the parking lot is on the right just before the entrance to Progress Energy’s Blewett Hydroelectric Plant.

About the Blewett Falls Reservoir:
A universally accessible trail leads from the parking lot to the fishing area, and two universally accessible parking slips for vans are available. An 8-foot wide, barrier-free concrete fishing platform is attached to the downstream wall of the powerhouse. Anglers can fish downstream in the high current outflow throughout the 242-foot length of the powerhouse wall.

Primary Fish Species: Migratory species, including American shad, striped bass, white bass and white perch, during the spring; resident species, such as catfish, largemouth bass and sunfish, year-round.

More Attractions like - Fishing Areas in Anson County

  • Fishing Areas in Clay County
    Chatuge Reservoir, Jackrabbit Public Fishing Area (PFA), Hayesville How To Go: From Hayesville, take N.C. 64 east. Go 4.6 miles; turn right on N.C. 175. Go 3.2 miles; turn right on Jack Rabbit
  • Fishing Areas in Gates County
    Chowan River, Shoups Landing Public Fishing Area (PFA), Winton (in Hertford County) How To Go: From Winton (Hertford County), take U.S. 13 north/158 east. Cross the Chowan River and turn right on S.
  • Fishing Areas in Chatham County
    B.E. Jordan Reservoir, Bell’s Church Public Fishing Area (PFA), Wilsonville How To Go: From U.S. 64 east of Pittsboro, take S.R. 1008 north at Wilsonville. Go 1.2 mile; the area is on the right
  • Fishing Areas in Jones County
    Trent River, Pollocksville Public Fishing Area (PFA), Pollocksville How To Go: Located in Pollocksville, immediately downstream of the U.S. 17 bridge across the Trent River and adjacent to the
  • Fishing Areas in Mecklenburg County
    Freedom Park CFP, Charlotte Mecklenburg County Parks and Recreation Department, Phone: (704) 432-4280 How To Go: In Charlotte, go west on Independence Boulevard. Go to the intersection with Kings
  • Fishing Areas in Montgomery County
    Badin Lake, Badin Pier Public Fishing Area (PFA), Troy How To Go: From Troy, take N.C. 109 north. Go nine miles; turn left into the main entrance of the Uwharrie National Forest on S.R. 1153. Go 0.4
  • Fishing Areas in Polk County
    Green River, Green River Game Land Public Fishing Area (PFA), Mill Springs How To Go: From Hendersonville (in Henderson County), take I-26 south to exit 28. Turn left at the exit on Green River Cove